Monday, November 7, 2011

Coming to You Soon: The Hearthsinger on Audio!

New chapters of The Default Sweater  and The Hearthsinger are up on figment! Hopefully, now that things have calmed down a bit, I'll get around to posting more.

This post is dedicated to revealing my secret project...which, truthfully, has not been so secret around here. Over the next few months, I'll be working with a cast here in Austin to produce a few chapters of The Hearthsinger on audio. I've always loved audiobooks, and ones with full casts--an actor for each character rather than narrated through one voice only--are amazing. I'm incredibly excited! Over the next few months I'll be posting how recording/editing is going, along with the cast and a few more details. Both versions of the chapters--written version and audio--will be posted on my figment account/facebook account/blog, hopefully by January.

The whole process is very exciting for me. I love the cast so far, and soon (I hope) will be able to sit down and meet Michaela, the girl who will be reading the voice of Mari, the main character. I feel so very lucky to go to a school which allows me to do projects like this. There's still a lot to organize, so I'll keep this blog post short and hope to tell you all more in the future. In the meantime--off to go edit the next chapter! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment