Sunday, July 1, 2012

Three Reasons I Can't Do a Blog Post

1. Because I'm rereading an old figment fave.


I'm stuck on Andronicus & Junia right now. By nature, I'm a re-reader, and once I find a favorite book, I'll read it again and again. Right now, I'm completely in love with Janelle Labelle's story about two children in a castle in Nova Scotia. Synonyms and blue soap snails and gorgeous moments abound.

Voila. Le link.


2. Because I woke up with Lilla hair.

Letting my dignity fly out the window, I woke up this morning, looked at myself in the mirror, and took a picture. Hilarity and shame ensued. Here you are:
.It's not only distracting, it's totally unprofessional.
But possibly inspiring.

3. Because I'm preparing for a late night writing session.

My new goal is to be finished with my first draft of Lilla and the Tower by September. It's a long shot, especially since I've been kicking myself to crank out a chapter a week. Right now I'm settling back, toying with the thought of tea, and getting pumped up for a midnight writing session. Everyone has their magic time. :)


So, you see.....I simply can't do a blog post. 

5 comments:

  1. ps i think we have the same hair. except your bad hair day is mine on a behaving day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je vous en prie! I keep meaning to leave you a review, but apparently, I've permanently lost my mind. I have terrible writer's block with Lilla right now, and I keep finding myself opening figment to go see what A&J are up to next. And smiling. And making resolutions to nickname my first child "Duck". And stuff.

      And YES. The hair stories I could tell!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Janelle's novel is amazing! Amazing amazing! I need to reread it too sometime :)

    I love the hair - I know exactly how it is. And I can picture Lila having the same bedhead syndrome as well, haha. I love your goal of finishing Lila in September because, even if you don't reach it, you'll probably end up writing a lot more than you thought you'd ever with such a tight schedule :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I really landed Lilla with some bad luck, didn't I? Fuzzy hair + trapped in a tower.

      And yes! I hope I get to pumping those chapters out! Real live vacation (no work! yayyy!) is coming up for me on July 15th, so I'm just trying to push it till then....*wipes brow*

      Delete