Sunday, April 7, 2013

Just a little bit starry-eyed

Can I just pause for a moment and talk about what a lovely weekend this has been?

Last weekend had some pretty horrendous aspects to it, discounting the Easter Vigil and its beauty. I had another paper due, and it was consuming my life. There's something kind of awful about being so busy that eating, sleeping, and bathing are no longer priorities. But, yes, that's the way college life sometimes goes.

But this weekend. Oh my.

My blog has gotten more and more personal lately, but I'm going to allow it to swing that way for a moment.

On Friday, I headed to Pittsburgh with some friends for an Owl City concert. There is something surreal about seeing someone who inspires you so much only fifteen feet away.

But get this--Saturday night was even better.

It's totally unprofessional to talk about this online, right? The internet is forever, after all, and I'm supposed to be blogging about writerish things. So I'll make it a story.

Once upon a time, a really nice boy asked a semilonely girl out. Since they were college freshmen and not permitted to have cars, he borrowed his roommate's. She borrowed a floral dress from a friend (isn't it helpful to live with so many other girls?) and skipped other commitments to get ready, long before she actually had to. By the time 6:00 rolled around, she was pacing back and forth and nervously chipping away her nail polish. 

She uses the word 'lovely' a lot when she writes, but it's so suitable. Especially for this evening. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Owl City! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the concert. I still remember how exciting it was to see him for the first time *falls into a deep bout of reminiscing*

    Oooh, I love the story you wrote. Yes, college is perfect for borrowing things. I remember borrowing pieces of clothing from at least four girls in my dorm to get dressed up for an 80's-themed dance (which also doubled as a first date, haha).

    Ahhh, but how does the rest of the story go? You'll have to finish it someday! :)

    ReplyDelete